Local company cares about dementia
We are supporting this year’s Dementia Action Week (#DAW2019) which takes place from 20th- 26thMay.
As part of Dementia Action Week, Home Instead is taking action to help make Altrincham, Sale and Wythenshawe moredementia friendly. They are raising awareness of the wonderful groups already running and holding some events of their own:
for a visual pint off please use this link https://hisc-myfranc...
Read our infographic of top tips when caring for a person with dementia.
Monday 20th May
- 10.30am, Walk for Dementia Memory Walk at John Leigh Park, meeting at the Bowling Hut.Just turn up!
- Home Instead Senior Care - 2pm to 4pm, free dementia advice drop in service at Wyevale Garden Centre, Altrincham. Just turn up!
- 10.30am, Alzheimer’s Society Walk and Talk Group. Meet at Broad Road entrance of Worthington Park. Just turn up!
- 1pm, Dorothy’s Memory Café at Sale United Reformed Church. Please call 0161 6119 275 to book a place.
- 10:30am Free Dementia Friends Session at Altrincham Library. Just turn up
- 2pm, Dementia Friendly Screening of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at Sale Waterside. Please call the box office on 0161 912 5616 to book.
- 2.30pm, Vibrant Voices Dementia Choir, The Cinnamon Club, Bowdon Rooms, Bowdon. Just turn up!
- Home Instead Senior Care - 10am to 11.30am, Free Community Dementia Workshop. Contact Home Instead to book a place.
- 1.30pm, Musical Memory Café at Timperley Methodist Church. Just turn up!
- 9.30am to 2.30pm, Home Instead CAREGiver Recruitment event at Costa Coffee in Timperley.
According to Alzheimer's Research UK, more than 850,000 people in the UK are living with dementia and they predict this number to rise to more than one million by 2025.Just this year alone, 225,000 people in the world will develop dementia – one every three seconds.
Speaking about their events, Alan Savage, co-owner of Home Instead Senior Care in Altrincham & Sale, said, “At Home Instead Senior Care we want to help people live well with dementia. For us, every week is a dementia action week as we have many clients who we care for living with the condition.
“Please do get in touch if you would like to attend our events or if you would like more information.”
To find out more or to book onto Home Instead’s #DAW2019 events, please email email@example.com, call 07377 393171 or visit https://www.homeinstead.co.uk/altrincham.