Becoming well known now as an objective for Health & Social Care across the UK is the 10 point Dignity in Care Charter:
- - Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
- - Support people with the same respect you would want for yourself or a member of your family
- - Treat each person as an individual by offering a personalized service
- - Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
- - Listen and support people to express their needs and wants
- - Respect people’s right to privacy
- - Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution
- - Engage with family members and carer’s as care partners
- - Assist people to maintain confidence and positive self esteem
- - Act to alleviate people’s loneliness and isolation
At Home Instead we are proud to say that we deliver across all of these points TODAY.
The dignity and rights of older people is at the heart of everything we do.