2022 is the perfect time to make a difference.
• Great rates of pay - £25k depending on experience
Are you passionate about quality training and Care in the Community?
Home Instead Windsor, Runnymede and West Spelthorne currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills to join our existing team.
Why Join Home Instead?
As our in-house care trainer, you can really put your mark on this role, utilising your skills and experience to employ a range of training techniques which suit different learning styles and introduce new ideas to further develop our training capability.
- Great rates of pay - £25k depending your on experience
- 20 days annual leave with an extra day per year after three years’ service up to 25 days.
- Home Instead Benefits Platform and access to 100's discounts from major retailers.
- Looking after your wellbeing through our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Be a part of an Outstanding team rated by CQC, and 5 Star Employer for 3 years on a row, with a great career development opportunity.
- You will have, or be prepared to work towards, a recognised training or teaching qualification and have experience of preparing and delivering a range of training courses. We will provide training and support to help you build your subject matter knowledge.
- A strong communicator, you will possess an ability to deliver training and will be skilled in the presentation and delivery of training.
- Effective and confident computer skills, willing to learn and embrace Home Instead learning and development systems.
- You must work effectively in a team whilst be able to self-manage.
- You must be prepared to work some evenings and weekends should the role require you to do so. You will be required to be part of the on-call rota covering one weekend in four and one night in the week.
About the role?
As a care professional -focused trainer/assessor, you will play a vital role in delivering induction and assessment training/refresher training using our practical approach to cater for all learning styles.
As a Home Instead Trainer your role will involve:
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all team members, clients, and their families.
- Must be able to plan and execute professional training, formal classroom training, and on-the-job (in-call) training.
- Develop training to enhance the skills of our existing team through personal development plans
- Mentor new and existing caregivers
- Own and deliver an induction training and completion of the Care Certificate for care professional and refresher training as and when needed
- Train the trainer for our specialist Training including City & Guilds Dementia Training and End of Life Care
- Flexible in approach to working hours in order to effectively monitor and support all Care Professionals and Clients
- Recognised teaching qualification & proven training experience.
- Within easy reach of our territories – Chertsey, Staines, Egham or Windsor. Our office is based in Chertsey.
- Full driving licence and use of a car on a daily basis.
- Thorough knowledge of the requirements of the Care Standards Regulations.
- Knowledge of maintaining administrative systems.
- Ability to effectively train a dispersed workforce.
- Must understand the importance of confidentiality working within current legislation.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you. Apply here or contact our Office 01784 477854
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults. Our wonderful team all share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure and satisfactory reference check.