Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and to enable us to provide personalised support.
Accountable for working with the Care Service Managers to deliver a high-quality service to clients. Developing existing clients care plans to improve wellbeing and promote person-centered care. Ensuring a high level of compliance maintained in relation to CQC and National Office’s standards.
· To maintain the auditing procedure using access care planning in line with Home Instead Standards.
· Monitor client wellbeing trends and act responsively to improve individual outcomes.
· Collate information from the Home Aware recording system to monitor changes in client’s behavior and monitor safety.
· Develop the current Care Plans In line with CQC standard R1 person centered care.
· Record and follow up any accidents and incidents in line with current legislation.
· Monitor daily medication records to ensure medication is safely administered.
· Perform On call duties.
· Good communication skills.
· Dedicated to providing high quality care.
· Have at least 12 months experience in the care sector.
· Clean DBS.
· Understanding of the adult care sector and Home Instead USP’s.
· NVQ level 2 + or willing to work towards.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.