Our September Highlights
It's been a busy September for our client and community events- so let's roundup what we've been up to!
- This month we launched our Chatter and Batter Club - where clients and community friends can join us for fish and chips in a local pub. Join us fortnightly from Thursday 2nd of September, 12:30pm at Cromwells Bar & Kitchen, Harewood Rd, Collingham, LS22 5NZ.
- Our Wetherby Companionship cafes are in full swing! Our clients have been wowed by the entertaining singers we've booked and are keen to attend each date. Our cafes are open to all in the community- third Tuesday of the month, 2pm. St. James' Church, Church Street, Wetherby LS22 6LP.
- We've also introduced our brand new Dementia Cafes. We've built a great relationship with the team at Morrisons, and they've offered their safe space to us, so that anybody in the community living with dementia can come along and meet new people. Second Tuesday of the month, 10:30am, Morrisons Café, Wetherby, LS22 6LP.
- Yesterday, we had a special visit from Helen over at Sandbeck Veterinary Centre. Helen came to speak to our clients all about a day-in-the-life of a vet, alongside some anecdotal stories she's experienced throughout the years.
This month is World Alzheimer's Month so we've been popping up to engage our community in learning more about living with dementia and the services we offer to assist.
- On Saturday 4th September we attended Opal's Community Celebration Day to highlight Dementia & Alzheimer's awareness
- 9th September - we attended Leeds's Age Proud Festival to highlight both our services and speciality dementia care.
- Morrisons Wetherby will be holding Dementia Friends Sessions for their colleagues with Heather, our Community Representative.
We've really enjoyed getting out with clients to such a variety of events, and we of course have more to come throughout the year (there may be word of a Christmas party...), so keep an eye out for more information.