Home Instead is proud to be working with the Dementia Friendly Roundhay project team.
We are part of the Leeds Dementia Action Alliance and we are a community in North Leeds where people living with dementia feel safe, valued and able to do things they enjoy.
It is free to join and we offer ongoing support for businesses and organisations to become dementia friendly.
Benefits for customers and service users are:
- Helping people to remain independent for as long as possible,
- Feeling safe and confident to go out in the community,
- Reducing isolation and promoting wellbeing.
It helps businesses and organisations by:
- Retaining existing clients and attract new ones,
- Improving reputation in the community,
- Supporting staff caring for a loved one with dementia.
Look out for window display stickers which identify our members.
If you are interested in learning more or joining us, please call Heather Welsh, our Dementia Champion on 01937 220510 or Maria at The Old people’s Forum on 0113 244 1697.