Office Based Position Available
When you join our team you are joining a care company like no other. We have built our business on our passion to change the way that care is to delivered in your local community, to your neighbours, friends and family.
At Home Instead Weston-super-Mare we have an exciting opportunity for a new Care Coordinator/Scheduler to join our award winning team!
The main objective of this role is to develop our client and caregiver schedules, ensuring we provide continuity to our clients and a stable and fulfilling environment for our caregivers. This is a full time position of 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00.
From the client's perspective, nobody is more highly valued than the care coordinator. You are the person they rely on in order to ensure that the right care is delivered at the right time. From the caregivers perspective you are responsible for providing them with visits that reflect the hours they want to work and the clients they know and enjoy working with. From the company's perspective you are the hub of the business - your role is crucial to the continuing success of the business and we make sure you have a friendly and supportive framework in place for you to achieve this.
We are always here to help and we are always open to hearing new approaches to coordination/scheduling - we know the role is tough so we do everything we can to support you!
Perks and benefits of a Care Co-ordinator/Scheduler:
- 28 Days paid holiday (20 days plus 8 bank holidays)
- Free employee assistance programme (confidential support line)
- Workplace pension
- High street discount scheme
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities and career progression
- An incredibly professional and supportive Management team
- The chance to be part of one of the UK's top care providers
- Organise and coordinate all schedules and staffing requirements
- Plan and allocate care time to appropriate caregivers,taking into account each caregiver's individuals skills and qualities including looking at personal and social circumstances
- Ensure that the caregivers' rotas are organised and sufficiently well planned, taking into account travel/waiting time, contracted amount of hours and personal factors
- Ensure all staff and clients are aware of working schedules and kept informed of any changes
- Liaise as necessary with partner professionals and organisations (e.g. social workers, GPS, nurses) in respect of developing and delivering holistic, person-centred packages of care
- Work with recruitment personnel to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels
- Be responsive to changes in the schedules and liaise with caregivers, clients, family members, representatives and health and social care professionals
- Undertake any support or admin duties as required by Franchise Owner or Care Manager
- Take part in the On Call out of hours' rota as required
What we are looking for:
- Someone who likes a challenge and enjoys finding solutions to puzzles.
- Experience of block scheduling in the care industry would be an advantage
- Must be computer literate (Word, Outlook, Excel etc) and quick to learn new, in house programmes
- Good, clear and professional telephone manner
- Ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with clients and families
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
Why this role is so important:
The Co-ordinator holds one of the most important positions in the company as all your actions directly affect the happiness and wellbeing of both our clients and our caregivers.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.