It’s not working, it’s CARING with Home Instead"
Care Coordinator/ Scheduler Full Time
Pension:3% company contribution. Benefits: health cash back worth up to £1500 Employee Assistance programme free parking at office
Our office was established in Tamworth and Lichfield and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business. The team are focused and passionate about their work and enjoy the success of making a difference to the lives of people in Tamworth and Lichfield.
Home Instead is a provider of care to the private sector and visits for a minimum of one hour at a time.
- The Care Coordinator / Scheduler is expected to perform a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling visits to our Clients in their own homes.
- The Care Coordinator is responsible for scheduling our Clients and CAREGivers in order to provide the highest quality service to our Clients with emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships.
- Our CAREGivers are matched with our Clients and visit their Client on a consistent basis. This means that the majority of day to day scheduling is covering sickness and holiday because the majority of visits are already planned as regular shifts.
- The Coordinator will also be responsible for planning new Client schedules and matching CAREGivers accordingly.
- The Coordinator will be speaking to Clients and their families on the phone organising extra shifts, cancelling visits and discussing any changes to the regular schedule.
- Telephone calls and texts to communicate with the CAREGivers will also be the responsibility of the Coordinator
- Expected to take part in the out of hours rota (an average of 1 night per week and 1 weekend in 5 ; additonal payments to annual salary)
- Minimum 5 GCSEs including Maths and English
- Experience of scheduling jobs
- professional or personal experience/ understanding of the care sector
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office programs
- Confidence in using a computer
- Good clear telephone manner
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Well organised and ability to plan ahead
- Ability to work by oneself as well as part of a team
- Detail orientated
- proven problem solving skills
- Robust and resilient under pressure
- Good work ethic
- Motivated to achieve their KPIs
- Can do attitude
Home Instead Senior Care is an award winning care agency that provides quality service to seniors to keep them independent in their own home. Our business model is around delivering care that is tailored to the needs of the Client focusing on building relationships between CAREGiver and Clients. Our Clients love us because they tell us "it doesnt feel like care". More than 90% of our Clients would recommend our services to a friend and 100% of them say that we arrive on time.
With 71% of people wanting to grow old in their own homes, our approach to care is an exciting business. Having been recently awarded a 5 Star Employer Award because of the feedback from our own employees, we are proud to say that we build relationships with our staff too. Our culture is supportive and development within the business is available to suit each individual.
Our office in the centre of Tamworth is light and airy. There is free parking and the hours are generally 9-5pm (40 hours per week) but there is a requirement to take part in the rota for our out of hours service.