Support Worker /Personal Assistant (for a gentleman with a brain injury)
Training, Guaranteed hours
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services. Our aim is to always provide the highest quality of care possible.
The quality of care we provide cannot be compared to any other. Our clients receive a bespoke, personalised package of care, tailored to their needs. All our care givers receive award winning training and are matched to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and respect.
We truly care about the people that work for us and together we aim to make Home Instead the most admired care company in the UK.
We are seeking a reliable person to help support a young man, with an acquired brain injury, to be independent. The role includes supporting the client to access therapies and social activities. The client has indicated preference for support from Male Support worker.
- A young adult, who is needing prompting with daily living
- Positive personality but may get frustrated at times.
- Enjoys going to the gym other activities.
- Has a Multi Disciplinary team that support him
- Experience working with clients with acquired brain injuries is essential.
- Driver with Clean Driving License and Business Insurance.
- Excellent observation, communication, and reporting skills.
- Highly motivated and an interest in outdoor activities and sports.
- Confident working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- A good team player.
- Must be able to cover a number of visits during the week and on alternate weekends.
At Home Instead, we offer you the following benefits:
- Great rates of pay £11.00 - £12.50 per hour
- Paid DBS (conditions apply)
- Paid Pre-employment training (paid once after Induction)
- Guaranteed Pay Contract – Based on care assistant experience and availability
- Paid travel during visits 45p per mile.
- Access to Home instead benefit website with access discounts and special offers.
- Double time on bank holidays.
- £200 bonus Refer a Friend scheme.
- Paid hours to complete nationally recognised Care Certificate and the opportunity to complete NVQs and other specialist training.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program supporting in times of need.
- 24 hour on-call support, 365 days of the year. You are never on your own!!
- Our careers are directly employed by us giving you access to holiday entitlement and our pension scheme.
- Flexible schedule built around your availability, respecting work life balance.
We are happy to offer Guaranteed contract hours to the right candidate based on experience and availability. But if you’re happy to have a zero-hours contract because it suits your lifestyle, that’s fine too. Our managers will discuss your working preferences with you and go from there.