Join our award winning team and make a difference every day
Care team leader
Excellent training and support
Our award winning office was established in 2015 and our mission is to improve the lives of elderly people in our community giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth.
This role will play a vital part in giving our caregivers the right support to enable them to ensure that our clients receive the highest quality person centred care and are able to live their lives well, their way.
· Your purpose will be to support your team of CAREGivers to deliver the kind of care for your clients that you would want for your own family
- Complete Service Reviews and Quality Assurance meetings for each client, updating careplans and caregivers and raise concerns and events that are necessary and ensuring careplans are still meeting the client outcomes
- Complete weekly/daily audits by using careplans, whatsapp groups and MAR chart, taking appropriate actions and raising concerns where necessary
- Run daily incident reports, raising events on our system and escalating concerns and completing initial investigations for your clients
- Carry out CAREGiver support visits and competency assessments
- Identify training needs/follow ups and raise events in respect of auditing activity
- Maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records on Home Instead software and People Planner
- Complete end of service reviews
- Conduct client and CAREGiver introductions and support with shadowing where necessary
- Build and maintain positive relationships with potential and existing clients, their families and other professionals involved in their care to support the achieving of the best outcomes
- Support and mentor CAREGivers
- Maintain regular contact with clients and CAREGivers
- Fulfil any other duties as required by Care Manager for the successful operation of the business
- Participate in on-call duties as required
- Drive forward the development of policies, procedures, and guidance for integrated teams that support the new ways of working, ensuring compliance with legislation and practice standards
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
· Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent, or working towards this.
· Experience in the care sector delivering a wide range of personal care services.
· Experience of working with MAR sheets and medication in a supervisory role.
· Passion for delivering the highest quality care to our clients and helping them to live independently and happily in their own homes.
· Ability to nurture CAREGivers to enable them to reach their full potential.
· Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations specific to Health and Social Care.
· Good communication skills with the ability to build rapport quickly and influence others
· Must be confident to use care management technology including providing support and training to CAREGivers.
· Must understand the importance of confidentiality working within current legislation.
· Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite and virtual communication platforms with the aptitude to learn and adopt new technologies and software where appropriate.
· Must have full driving license and means of transport to visit clients.
· Be organised and flexible to meet the needs of the business.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
Salary range will be £22,000-£24,000 p.a. this is a full time role