Build a career that makes a difference
Scheduler/ Care Co-ordinator
Excellent support and access to training
Our office was established in 2015 and our mission is to brighten the lives of older people giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business by performing a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for clients .
The role is to:
· Understand and build effective and efficient schedules around our clients and Care Professionals.
· Ensure schedules are prepared, considering travel time, holidays, training and last-minute cancellations.
· Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members.
· Match Care Proefessionals to new clients in conjunction with client team and arrange introductions.
· Ensure client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same Care Professionals and the same times each week, where possible.
· Develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers so both can enjoy positive experiences.
· Work with the recruitment team to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met.
· Work with the Care Team to ensure new and existing care packages can be resourced and scheduled on a timely basis.
· Add and maintain all client and Care Professional information onto to the electronic scheduling system.
· Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business
Reporting to the Care Manager and attending weekly meetings/taking minutes.
· Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
You will also be expected to participate in the out of hours On Call rota
- You will need to have extremely good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to problem-solve while working under pressure in a busy environment providing ‘superior’ customer service.
- Experience of working in a scheduling role within a home care or other relevant environment such as logistics.
- A confident, ‘can do’ attitude with a genuine enthusiasm for working in a busy, deadline-driven team environment
- A professional telephone manner; a smiling personality and empathy for others
- An outstanding eye for detail and a ‘right first-time’ attitude
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines effectively.
- The ability to make friends and influence people.
- To have pride in your work; the want to work ‘above and beyond' and have high standards of commitment and achievement as well as a continuous desire for improvement, both personally and organisationally.
- High levels of computer literacy using bespoke software systems backed up with strong Word and Excel skills
- Highly resilient and positive with excellent communications skills.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Logical and analytical with the ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
Salary - £22.5-£24.5k