95% say Home Instead is a great place to work
Many companies carry out research to find out what their customers think of the service they provide.
This is of course really important but we think it’s just as vital to understand what our staff think about working for us. After all, in a way, our CAREGivers ARE the service we offer. If they’re not treated well, how can we expect them to give their clients the sort of care they deserve?
So, every year, we ask research company Smith and Henderson to carry an independent, confidential survey of all our staff, both CAREGivers and office team. Here are the headline results.
- 95% are Proud to work for Home Instead
- 100% would Recommend Home Instead’s Services to Friends and Family
- 95% rate Home Instead as A Great Place to Work
- 94% feel Well Matched to their Clients
- 95% feel the job gives them an Opportunity to Learn New Skills
- 100% feel Home Instead is Well Managed
Most of the other scores were just as encouraging but there are one or two areas where we think we can do better. For example while 89% of CareGivers felt the Initial 3 Day Training programme equipped them for their first visit this still means 11% didn’t so we're going to look into how we can improve here.
But overall this set of results proves that, despite what you might have heard, Care can be a rewarding career - in many senses – just as long as the company you work for cares as much for it’s staff as it does for it’s clients.