Being a CAREGiver
Why work for Home Instead?
At Home Instead Rochdale, we are determined to provide the best quality of care possible to our valued Clients. In order to do this we are looking for the best CAREGivers - people who do not see care as an occupation but as a passion and are prepared to give up their time, energy and commitment to provide the best possible care.
We are looking for individuals who can build a fulfilling and lasting relationship with their Clients and to provide support to enable them to stay at home and independent for as long as possible; because this is what Home Instead is all about!
We want to make a real difference to our clients lives and in order to do this we need skilled, dedicated and most importantly happy staff. At Home Instead Rochdale we are flexible and supportive of both clients and CAREGivers needs to ensure it is a happy working environment for everyone.
As a caregiver for Home Instead, we offer:
- Competitive pay rates
- Longer care calls; our average call duration is more than 1 hour which compares against a national average of just over 15 minutes, giving you the time to make a real difference to their lives
- An environment in which you’d be proud to work with an excellent reputation for quality care
- A comprehensive two day induction training course
- On-going career development; we positively encourage and support on-going training and development, including the NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Supportive office team; our door is always open for our CAREGivers to come and chat with us and to discuss any concerns or issues you may have; you are never alone
- On-going supervision and support
Experience is not necessary as long as you possess the right attitude, skills and passion. You must also be willing to undergo further training to ensure you are ready and able to provide the best service possible to our clients.
Given the nature of home care and the associated activities required whilst working with clients e.g. taking clients shopping/picking up prescriptions etc. you will therefore need your own transport and have a valid driving licence.
Typically our CAREGivers work approximately 16 hours and this will be built over time, as you demonstrate to us that you are capable of meeting the high standards we expect for our clients.
Excellent carers and management team. The team do everything they can to help fit their services to what is needed to support my disabled elderly parents. The management team regularly check that all is going well and I feel that I only have to ask the individual carers and they will try to do.J.H. (Client's Daughter)