Our Lovely CAREGiver Pru came across this very nice poem this week and wanted us to share it with all of you lovely people. Alzheimer's Disease is something that the sufferers cannot help, this disease takes no prisoners and can take a hold of anyone, its honestly not fussy about who's life it changes.
There are more than 520,000 people in the UK with Alzheimer's disease. During the course of the disease, proteins build up in the brain to form structures called 'plaques' and 'tangles'. This leads to the loss of connections between nerve cells, and eventually to the death of nerve cells and loss of brain tissue, which leads to the deterioration of the brain which leads to many side effects which I will list below.
- Losing items around the house such as Glasses, Keys, shoes
- Struggling to find the right word during a conversation
- Forgetting someone’s name
- Forgetting about recent events or conversations
- Getting lost on a familiar journey
- Forgetting memorable dates or appointments
- Struggling to follow a conversation or repeating themselves
- Confusion with time and dates
- Difficulty making decisions, solving problems or carrying out a sequence of tasks like cooking a meal
Thank you for taking your time to Read this,