Being a CAREGiver
Why work for Home Instead Senior Care?
At Home Instead here in Reading and West Berks, we are determined to provide the best quality of care possible to our valued Clients. In order to do this we look for people to join our team who do not see care as an occupation but as a passion. Our CAREGiversinvest their time, energy and commitment to provide the best possible care for the people they look after.
Our CAREGivers get real satisfaction from building fulfilling and lasting relationships with their Clients, helping them to live rewarding lives, safely n their own homes, surrounded by their own posessions adn memories.
We want to make a real difference to our clients lives and in order to do this we are always looking for people who share our values to join us. At Home Instead Senior Care we are flexible and supportive of both clients and CAREGivers needs to ensure it is a happy working environment for everyone.
As a caregiver for Home Instead, we offer:
- Competitive pay rates
- Longer care calls; our average call duration is more than 1 hour which compares against a national average of just over 15 minutes, giving you the time to make a real difference to your clients' lives
- An environment in which you’d be proud to work with an excellent reputation for quality care
- A comprehensive induction training programme
- On-going career development opportunities; we positively encourage and support on-going training and development
- Supportive office team; our door is always open for our CAREGivers to come and chat with us and to discuss any concerns or issues you may have; you are never alone
- On-going supervision and support
Experience is not necessary as long as you possess the right attitude, skills and passion. You must also be willing to undergo further training to ensure you are ready and able to provide the best service possible to our clients.
Given the nature of home care and the associated activities required whilst working with clients e.g. taking clients shopping/picking up prescriptions etc. you will therefore need your own transport and have a valid driving licence.
Dear Wonderful Staff, especially Dear Sue,
Thank you very, very much for your truly careing and loving help to my husband. He so enjoyed the help that Sue gave so willingly and so gently.
He really bonded with her, me also. She was a wonderful support to us both in our time of need.
Bless you all for your support- you were all so terrific and words cannot express our gratitude to Home Instead.Mrs T, Caversham