Home Instead realises that not everyone needs to have a home help or a personal care service, many elderly people just need a little bit of companionship.
From just a few hours a week to longer visits, every day we can counter one of the biggest issues facing the older generation, simply being lonely.
We match our CAREGivers to our Clients to strike up long lasting relationships, both in the home or out and about in the community.
In the home we can:
- Offer companionship and conversation
- Help with reading
- Participate in hobbies and crafts
- Record family history
- Discuss current/historical events
- Reminisce about the past
- Stimulate mental awareness
- Arrange appointments
In the community we can:
- Help with travel arrangements
- Escort to appointments
- Buy magazines, papers and books
- Go to local coffee shops
- Go to local fish & chip shops/local restaurants
- Attend a family event, such as a wedding
- Attend plays or concerts
- Plan visits, outings and trips
These are just a few examples of what Home Instead offer as part of their Companionship Service,
for further details please contact our office team on: 01362 357 974