It’s not working, it’s CARING with Home Instead
Working as part of our team, you will be monitoring and supervising the work of the care teams out in the community as well as assisting with service delivery, and carrying out reviews of our service users. This is to ensure that CQC standards are met and legislative requirements are adhered to.
The role of the home care supervisor will also offer administration support to the office management team. You will be office based with a lot of community work so being a driver with access to your own vehicle is essential for this role.
Tasks will include:
· Assist the management team with recruitment and HR as follows:
o Send out application packs
o Send out, track and chase references for new CAREGivers
o Take payment for and process DBS requests
o Prepare new CAREGiver files
o Undertake and supervise shadowing of new CAREGivers where needed, acting as a mentor and supporting them with any extra training needs as required.
o Carry out supervisions for CAREGivers
· Assist the management team with training as follows:
o Prepare training packs
o Support with ensuring CAREGiver compliance with ongoing learning and development and meeting targets for online training
o Follow up with trainees to ensure they are completing work on time in order that they can start work in a timely manner
· • To assist the management team to ensure the service adheres to all standards outlined by the organisation, local authority and other regulatory bodies.
• Completion of service user quality assurance meetings in the community, ensuring needs are still being met and that the effectiveness of care implementation and delivery is being achieved.
• Completion of carer quality support visits and mentoring visits for CAREGivers in the field.
• Act as a link between the client, CAREGiver and the office regarding care quality control.
• Managing and auditing of medication administration via electronic MAR system, ensuring compliance with policy.
• Supporting the coordinator to ensure quality service provisions are met. This may include taking over a run of care calls if emergency cover is required.
• Call monitoring compliance checks.
• Completing audits within the office to ensure continual compliance.
• Become a single point of contact for all carers to offer support, advice and raise any issues with the management team.
• To maintain care skills at a current level, and undertake such training and development as required.
• Complete general administration duties to support the management team to include producing accurate, legible and clear records and ensuring all necessary records are entered onto the people planner system.
• Support the implementation of the companies’ policies and procedures, supporting and maintaining a culture of performance and excellence.
• On call duties (for which additional payments are made)
This is an exciting opportunity and may appeal to someone who is currently a care worker or senior care worker and is looking to take a new step in their career. Experience as a care worker, within a paid role, is essential for this role. You will be joining a provider rated ‘outstanding’ by the CQC and a ‘5 star employer’ award winner.
· Driver with access to own vehicle
· At least 12 months experience in care
· Is able to be part of the out of hours on call team
· Strong administration skills and able to use word, excel and outlook alongside various other IT systems
· Very organised and efficient
· Ability to remain calm under pressure and to give guidance to other team members in challenging situations
· Confident communicator both written and verbal and able to work with people at all levels
- Level 2/3 Health and Social Care Qualification (preferred )
The role is Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. The salary is £18,000 with additional payment made for on call hours, bringing the salary to around £20,000.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.