Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services, which help our clients remain independent, happy, and comfortable in their own homes.
Home Instead Knowsley and Liverpool East has been awarded with the Top 20 Home Care Providers North West England 2021.
We are committed to changing the face of ageing by providing out-standing, personalised care and supporting our communities by sharing our knowledge with outreach events and free workshops, such as our dementia awareness course.
We are a CQC registered 'Good' care provider and we are looking for a care professional to join our team to deliver the very best care experience to our clients and assist our CAREGivers in their role. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who loves the care sector to really be able to make a difference to clients lives. There is excellent career progression and training package for someone who wishes to progress in their career.
Our ideal candidate is a brilliant team player who loves challenges and takes their work seriously. You must be self-motivated, and well-organised, plus you will need empathy, respect and excellent communication skills.
The job is approximately 30% office based and 70% field based. The role is very varied and below are some of the responsibilities the role encompasses -
- Facilitating all aspects of training to our CAREGivers
- Providing CAREGivers with the appropriate information and guidance to enable them to effectively and safely provide care.
- To supervise medication and client logs for our clients on our online E-MAR system
- Dealing with OT's, Physio's, Pharmacists etc.
- To introduce CAREGivers to new and existing Clients when required.
- Updating care plans and risk assessments
- Carrying out quarterly observations and participating in client service calls and quality assurance visits
- Attending care calls if necessary
- Ability to be flexible where needed to work as part of a great existing team
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office and virtual communication platforms with aptitude to learn and adopt new technologies and software where appropriate.
The role is available part-time or full-time. You must be flexible to meet the demands of the business, including participating in an on-call rota.
You will receive:
- A highly competitive rate of pay of £21,500 to £22,000 per annum plus benefits and potential bonus
- An Employee Assistance Wellbeing Programme for you and your family
- Exclusive discounts at high street stores, supermarkets, utility providers and much more.
- Career and training development with the option to complete Train the Trainer in Dementia, End of Life and Parkinson's.
- Employee pension scheme
- Paid holidays
- Paid mileage
- Company iPad given
- NVQ Level 3 qualified or working towards
- At least 1-2 years experience in the care sector
- Ability to engage with staff, service users, and outside agencies in a professional manner
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of quality and professionalism in all areas of work
You must have a full clean driving licence and access to a car at all times as most of your role will be community based.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.