London Healthy Workplace Award – Accreditation
22 May 2020, Home Instead – Greenwich & Bexley has been awarded London Healthy Workplace Award Accreditation. The London Healthy Workplace Award is a pan-London framework that supports and recognises investment in staff health and wellbeing, partnering local public health resource with employers. It complements the Mayor’s Good Work Standard which is designed to work alongside other existing initiatives to support fair employment practices and better workplaces.
After gaining the Award, Home Instead has joined other prestigious organisations who have met the standards to date. The Head of Health from Directorate of Communities and Skills, Vicky Hobart said “Your hard work is helping to improve the health of Londoners and showcase the criteria as a valuable framework for other employers to invest in staff health and wellbeing”.
Verifier feedback were overwhelming positive and were particularly impressed with:
• Clear leadership for health and wellbeing
• Strategic approach is taken based on identifying needs
• Actions taken on employee feedback
• Variety of communication methods are used
• Good examples were provided to demonstrate use of reasonable adjustments and flexible working
• Comprehensive approach to health and safety and managing attendance
• Stress and wellbeing policy in place
• Managers are trained in stress management
• CAREGiver Awards
The Award will be handed in the next London Healthy Living Award annual award ceremony in City Hall.