Home Instead Senior Care The Queen's Awards for Enterprise: Innovation 2016
Call Us Today on 01252 758716

Information & Resources

Social Services Funding

Social Services funding is relevant if a person requiring care and support has less than £23,250 in savings. If this is the case, Adult Social Services will carry out an assessment. If the person is considered eligible to receive council-supported care services, the local authority decides a budget based upon the individual’s care needs. The hourly rate for home care services varies from one authority to another. A person can accept a care package from a council-contracted care provider, or choose to take control of their budget and top-up the hourly cost of receiving care from a care provider of choice. This is what some of our clients choose to do, so they can have care and support from Home Instead Senior Care Farnborough Farnham Fleet. This Social Services funding is referred to as Direct Payments.

Direct Payments – choose your own care provider

As above, Direct Payments are for those who have been assessed as needing help from social services, and who would like to choose their own care and support service. Follow this link for more information.

What is Attendance Allowance?

Anyone aged 65 or over who needs help with their personal care, due to physical or mental disability, can apply to receive Attendance Allowance. This is a tax-free Government benefit which is not means-tested. Those aged under 65 may be eligible for Disability Living Allowance instead. Follow this link for more information.

What is Carers Allowance?

Anyone aged 16 or over spending more than 35 hours a week caring for someone with a disability, may be eligible to receive Carers Allowance. Follow this link for more information.


  • UKHCA Registered

To Louise, Vanadis and all the office staff. Thank you all for being so kind and caring throughout the awful months earlier this year. You have helped me so much.

Mrs C, Client, Ash