About Home Instead Farnborough, Farnham and Fleet
Welcome to Home Instead Farnborough, Farnham and Fleet. I’m Mahdi Kazemzadeh, Director of Care, and together with my wife Natalia took over this amazing place (together with the most wonderful team!) in December 2017 from Claire and Bill Percy.
The Care Quality Commission's (CQC) report ‘State of Care 2015/16’ showed that only 1% of adult social care services (as at 12 October 2016) were rated as ‘Outstanding’. We are thus delighted to be leading further journey of the company rated as ‘Outstanding’ in 2017. The CQC Inspector said about Home Instead Farnborough: “A model of personalised and compassionate care, which focused on the whole person was a golden thread that ran through the whole of the service. People were supported by staff who were passionate about treating them with dignity and respect at all times. People received exceptionally person centred care from staff who knew each person well, their life and what mattered to them. The people using the service experienced a level of care and support that enhanced their well being and improved their quality of life.” The full report is available here. It is worth reading as it captures the essence of values that drive us daily.
The starting point is always the person that we select to be a CAREGiver. What they have all got in common are compassion and respect for vulnerable people. They subsequently receive training, which would then enable them to deliver care to the highest standard. Our CAREGivers also have the opportunity to complete a specialist training such as ‘Dementia Awareness City and Guilds’ aimed at developing a greater understanding of the condition their clients may be living with.
Every day, we strive to offer the support and care that will enhance our clients’ (both younger and older adults) wellbeing and that will grant them the chance to remain independent in the safety of their home for as long as possible. The range of available services is extensive and includes, for instance, companionship, home help, personal care, meal preparation and so on. Whichever service is being delivered to our client, one can be sure that this is NEVER just about performing a task, our CAREGivers genuinely work to make our clients’ day as best as possible! As we match our CAREGivers to our clients and always strive for our CAREGivers to get to know the client well, they are then better able to respond to their clients’ needs that may change from day to day. We monitor clients’ needs on a regular basis by working closely with both clients and their families, so both our client and family members can feel confident in the service we provide.
Home Instead puts the needs of the client first at all times, and these are some of the ways in which we are different:
· A face to face consultation ensures that care and support are tailored to a person's needs.
· All visits are at least one hour long, which gives CAREGivers a better chance to fully focus on the person. We never enter into contracts which see care providers delivering short visits with no consideration of a person’s needs and choices.
· Our CAREGivers are not visiting to perform a task and then just leave. We know our clients can have good and bad days, and we are flexible in responding to what is needed on any particular day.
· Continuity of care is important to us. Having the same CAREGivers ensures that a relationship of trust is built between a CAREGiver and a client. It is particularly important to see a familiar face for our clients with memory loss.
· Our CAREGivers have ID but do not wear uniforms, as they can create a barrier, particularly when a CAREGiver accompanies a client out.
· Our CAREGivers have an enhanced background (DBS) check and are required to provide a minimum of four references which are carefully checked.
We appreciate that options for care can seem complicated. We will be pleased to clearly answer any questions about how we can assist. Please call, email, or visit us to meet our team.
I am so pleased with Genine. She is a good advocate for you. She's calm, but she's there for you. Please let her know that the slippers she picked out for me yesterday are lovely and she won't need to change them.Barbara, Client