About Home Instead Farnborough, Farnham and Fleet
Welcome to Home Instead Senior Care Farnborough, Farnham and Fleet. We offer exceptional care and support, to enable younger and older adults to remain safe and independent in their own homes.
The Care Quality Commission's (CQC) report ‘State of Care 2015/16’ showed that only 1% of adult social care services (as at 12 October 2016) were rated as Outstanding. So, we were delighted to be rated as Outstanding in 2017.
The CQC Inspector said about Home Instead Farnborough: “There was a strong visible person centred culture within the service. A model of personalised and compassionate care, which focused on the whole person was a golden thread that ran through the whole of the service.” You can see the full report here It’s well-worth a read as it reflects all that we do to support our clients, and the level of compassion towards those we care for.
Although we provide a range of services including companionship, home help, personal care, meal preparation, local transportation, post-hospital care and medication reminders, our service is not all about performing a task. We respond to a client’s changing day to day needs, getting to know them and ensuring they have the best day possible! We match our CAREGivers to our clients, and work closely with both clients and their families, so both our client and family members can feel confident in the service we provide.
It all begins with the type of person we recruit. Our CAREGivers are chosen for their compassion and respect for those we care for. They are then trained to a high standard, and have specialist on-going training such as Dementia Awareness City and Guilds which allows the CAREGiver to have a greater understanding of the condition their client may be living with.
I'm Claire Percy, Director at Home Instead Farnborough. My husband Bill and I witnessed the care Bill’s mother received when she was diagnosed with dementia. Although the carers did their best, they only had time to help Audrey with basic tasks, and there was no time to offer the companionship that would have been so valuable. Bill and I saw that there is a ‘right’ way of offering care, and we’re committed to the unique model of care that we provide. It proves that with the right care from the right person, people can maintain their independence and quality of life at home.
Home Instead puts the needs of the client first at all times, and these are some of the ways in which we are different:
· A face to face consultation ensures that care and support is tailored to a person's needs.
· Minimum one hour visits ensure CAREGivers have the time to focus on the person. We never enter into contracts which see care providers delivering short visits with no consideration of a person’s needs and choices.
· Our CAREGivers are not visiting to perform a task and then just leave. We know our clients can have good and bad days and we are flexible in responding to what is needed on any particular day.
· Continuity of care is important to us. A client having the same CAREGivers ensures that a relationship of trust is built. It is particularly important for our clients with memory loss, to see a familiar face.
· Our CAREGivers have ID but do not wear uniforms, as they can create a barrier, particularly when a CAREGiver accompanies a client out.
· Our CAREGivers have an enhanced background (DBS) check and are required to provide a minimum of four references which are carefully checked.
We appreciate that options for care can seem complicated. We will be pleased to clearly answer any questions about how we can assist. Please call, email, or visit us to meet our team.
Thank you so much for all your help.Mrs G, Client's wife