In need of a new job join us today
Live in care
Home Instead Edgbaston is the leading provider of first class service and companionship care services for older people. We believe there is no place like home and want to enhance the life of everyone we encounter.
Live In Care Objective To live-in a client’s home and provide a variety of non-medical services that enhance the quality of their life. To help clients and their families meet the challenges of ageing with dignity, pride, care and compassion.
Primary Responsibilities which could include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Personal Care – washing, dressing, grooming, continence care.
- Companionship – being a friend and having a chat
- Activities – doing fun things together, hobbies and crafts?
- Cooking healthy and nutritious food – also grocery shopping
- Medication – collecting prescriptions, medication reminders
- Home help such as cleaning – ensuring their home is tidy and spotless at all times
- Accompany to social events and appointments, seeing family, friends etc
- Live In Care experience - 1 year
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Being an excellent communicator
- Have great attention to detail
- Excellent time keeper who is organised and reliable
- Good hygiene practice, including personal hygiene and a smart appearance
- Good level of stamina and fitness to meet the physical demands of the job
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Edgbaston is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.