It's not working, it's CARING with Home Instead
Home Care Consultant
Our Saintfield office was established in 2015 and our mission is to provide care and support which makes enough difference to allow our clients to stay living independently at home. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business.
Job overview: To manage all enquiries for care services and attend care consultations to advise, guide and sell solutions to clients and clients’ representatives. To network with key referrers providing information on Home Instead services to support a continuing pipeline of enquiries for service.
· To manage enquiries for service
· Respond promptly to all enquiries for service and secure care consultation appointments where appropriate.
· Provide information to enquirers in electronic or paper format to guide them on Home Instead services.
· Manage care consultations
· Attend care consultations and guide and advise clients and their representatives on the appropriate solution to meet their needs.
· Collect all the necessary information to provide the basis of a care plan and other supporting paperwork.
· Work with the other members of the Care Operations team to commence service to clients in the timeframe agreed at consultation.
· Business Development
· Achieve targets for business growth and client acquisition/retention.
· Network with the local community to grow and strengthen the referral provider network.
· Responsible for promoting the Home Instead brand and services with key referrers
This will include making use of Home Instead promotional materials to key contacts and key locations throughout the territory and ensuring that key potential referrers to Home Instead are kept updated about our services.
· Manage enquiries on the relevant system and be accountable for weekly reports and KPIs.
· Ensure that all record keeping, in either paper or electronic records, is completed in a timely and appropriate manner and meets the needs of the business.
- Support the “On Call” rota 1 week in12, in agreement with other office based staff.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent track record of customer service
· Able to work in a fast-paced office environment
· Sales skills including the ability to secure appointments with prospective clients and present solutions relevant to the client’s needs;
· Excellent organisational and planning skills
· Ability to influence others and deal with them with tact and diplomacy
· Genuine interest in people, and enthusiasm for seniors looking for solutions to help them stay independently at home.
· Ability to be thoughtful and demonstrate initiative
· Flexible with changes to agenda and daily routines
· Self-motivated in relation to learning and development
· Good presentation skills and ability to use Powerpoint or other presentation tools
· It is not mandatory to have experience in the care industry, although an understanding of the industry is an advantage.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Sales experience
· Experience managing a pipeline of leads
· Customer Service experience
· High standard of English and Maths, at least to GCSE A, B or C
Experience engaging with community contacts and promoting a service based business
A genuine interest in caring for people is essential to be successful in this role.
Salary range £20-25k, plus performance-related bonus.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to access NI enhanced disclosure.