You Can Care
Our Saintfield office was established in 2015 and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business.
The General Manager is responsible for successfully directing and coordinating all activities in the franchise for day to day operations, growth and development of the business.
· Lead and represent Home Instead Senior Care values and drive the Home Instead Senior Care mission
· To take full responsibility for the day to day operations of the business
· To lead the team to successfully deliver existing KPIs across Client Growth, Recruitment, Scheduling, CAREGiver Retention, Finance, and to establish new KPIs as the business evolves.
· Managing the process and contributing to the development of annual plans/reports, budgets and targets
· To deliver on targets within agreed budgets
· To build and maintain effective relationships with existing and potential clients and referral providers
· To manage the work of key players and provide feedback and guidance to improve efficiency and effectiveness
· Ensuring compliance with standards/regulations and legislation requirements
· Ensure that the business has the adequate and suitable resources to carry out operational activities
· Organise and co-ordinate operations in a way to ensure maximum productivity
· Gather, analyse and interpret key reports to ensure that business is achieving maximum productivity
· Provide weekly/monthly activity reports for meetings with the director in order to provide comprehensive business updates
· Assess the overall business performance against business objectives
· To ensure successful operation of all policies, processes, procedures and systems
· To represent the business within the community – to network across the community with for the development of the business and for positive community relationships.
· Ensure that the training, development and appraisals of key players is undertaken effectively within areas of responsibility
· Identify industry and related events, publications and announcements and track competitor performance and accomplishments
· Protect the organisation’s value by keeping information confidential
· Continually update job knowledge through participating in opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal and professional networks in order to continually add value to your accomplishments
A proven track record of management experience of service provision in a fast moving driven operational capacity at senior manager level within a developing SME
· Passion and enthusiasm for providing quality care at home for our clients.
· Commercial business awareness
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders, both from within and outside of the business
· Good planning and organisation skills
· Highly numerate with a keen eye for detail and a passion for accuracy.
· Ability to use standard Microsoft packages and other database packages
· An understanding of Business finance and accounts
· Ability to adapt to change easily and utilise your skills to encourage and motivate a diverse team through a fluid working environment
· The ability to negotiate to ensure positive outcomes for the business
- 10+ years’ experience in management of day-to-day operations within a commercial business environment
· Degree-level education
Proven experience in:
o development and implementation of effective and efficient office systems
o Management of budgets and past responsibility for P&L
o analysis of statistical data
o Management and motivation of a team within a fluid working environment
o Handling sensitive HR issues
o Operating within a pressured environment whilst maintaining a professional and calm working environment.
· Must have clear Access NI
· Must have full driving licence
Salary depending on experience.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to access NI enhanced disclosure.