Field Care Supervisor
Our office was established in 2O12 and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business.
We are currently looking to recruit a dynamic, forward thinking, and enthusiastic Care Supervisors to strengthen our senior management team. You will be working alongside our Care Assistants, providing them with inspirational leadership and development to empower and challenge them to continually deliver outstanding levels of care and support.
We are looking for a person who can share our vision for ‘making a difference ‘, who is proud to work for an outstanding organisation, with the desire to continually explore creative opportunities to develop the services we offer for our clients. Potential candidates will require a sense of fun, alongside the ability to ensure that our clients continuously receive the highest level of care.
- As part of your senior role, you will be required to monitor and supervise the provision of care for our clients through existing quality assurance processes in line with current policies and procedures.
- Liaise with families and health care professionals.
- Be continually responsive to the changing needs of our clients
- Conduct client care consultations.
- Conduct audits and reports.
- Conduct / participate in investigations as required.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Use digital technology to support in care planning, provision, and compliance.
- Attend internal and external meetings.
- Produce highly detailed person-centred care plans.
- Be involved in the training and development of staff.
- Provide support to the Assistant Care Manger.
- Act as a positive role model and ambassador to Home Instead.
- Answer telephone in a professional, friendly, and knowledgeable manner.
- Understand GDPR and apply accordingly.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Be part of the out of hours on-call rota.
This list is not exhaustive and may require ad hoc duties to support the business.
- Must hold QCF Level 3 in Health & Social Care
- Experience in care is essential for the role, candidates with previous care supervisory or managerial experience are preferred although full training will be provided
- Motivated with a can-do attitude, possessing initiative and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft office.
- Can work on your own but also as part of a team.
- Be able to build and maintain relationships with staff, with a firm but fair approach.
If you have a passion for care and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested' or alternatively, if you require any further information about this role, please contact the office on 01695 589 071 to speak with a member of the team.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate's offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and references.
What we offer:
- Highly competitive salary.
- 28 Days annual leave (Including bank holidays).
- Excellent career progression.
- Nest pension scheme.
- Award winning and accredited training with on-going learning and development including health and social care diplomas.
- Mileage allowance.
- Generous 'Refer a friend’ reward scheme.
- Free DBS.
- Discount shopping scheme including well being.
- Free access to our employee assistance scheme.
Please Note: A Full UK Driving licence is required for this post as you will be required to travel from one client to another. Business Insurance (car) will be required.