Job Title: CARE Supervisor
Location: Ormskirk and Surrounding Areas
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Rate of Pay: £20,500.00
Home Instead West Lancashire and Chorley, are a local family run Care provider rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), providing high quality care services to help and support people to live in the comfort and safety of their own homes, for longer.
We are hugely proud of our team and the work they do each day to support our clients to stay in the comfort of their own home for as long as possible.
We believe that everybody deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, these values we hold at the heart of everything we do to ensure that our clients receive the highest level of care every day.
Our visits last a minimum of one hour, this helps to ensure that our Care Assistants have the opportunity to build long lasting relationships with our clients.
We are currently looking to recruit a dynamic, forward thinking, and enthusiastic Care Supervisors to strengthen our senior management team. You will be working alongside our Care Assistants, providing them with inspirational leadership and development in order to to empower and challenge them to continually deliver outstanding levels of care and support.
We are looking for a person who can share our vision for ‘making a difference ‘, who is proud to work for an outstanding organisation, with the desire to continually explore creative opportunities to develop the services we offer for our clients. Potential candidates will require a sense of fun, alongside the ability to ensure that our clients continuously receive the highest level of care.
- As part of your senior role, you will be required to monitor and supervise the provision of care for our clients through existing quality assurance processes in line with current policies and procedures
- Liaise with families and health care professionals
- Be continually responsive to the changing needs of our clients
- Conduct client care consultations
- Conduct audits and reports
- Conduct / participate in investigations as required
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Use digital technology to support in care planning, provision and compliance.
- Attend internal and external meetings
- Produce highly detailed person-centred care plans
- Be involved in the training and development of staff
- Provide support to the Assistant Care Manger
- Act as a positive role model and ambassador to Home Instead
- Answer telephone in a professional, friendly, and knowledgeable manner
- Understand GDPR and apply accordingly
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be part of the out of hours on-call rota
This list is not exhaustive and may require ad hoc duties to support the business
- Experience in care is essential for the role, candidates with previous care supervisory or managerial experience are preferred although full training will be provided which includes a requirement to undertake a Level 5 health and social care diploma.
- Motivated with a can-do attitude, possessing initiative and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft office.
- Can work on your own but also as part of a team.
- Be able to build and maintain relationships with staff, with a firm but fair approach.
If you have a passion for care and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested' or alternatively, if you require any further information about this role, please contact the office on 01695-589071 to speak with a member of the team.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate's offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and references.
What we offer:
- Highly competitive salary
- 28 Days annual leave (Including bank holidays)
- Excellent career progression
- Nest pension scheme
- Award winning and accredited training with on-going learning and development including health and social care diplomas
- Milage allowance
- 'Refer a friend’ reward scheme
- Free DBS
- Discount shopping scheme including well being
- Free access to our employee assistance scheme
Please Note: Access to reliable, regular transport is required for this post as you will be required to travel from one client to another. Business Insurance (car) will be required.