Job Title: Office Administrator
Location: Ormskirk (covering Chorley as/when)
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Rate of Pay: £18,500 per year
Home Instead West Lancashire and Chorley, are a local family run homecare provider rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), providing high quality care services to help and support people to live in the comfort and safety of their own homes for longer.
Our Values centre around respect and dignity and delivering the highest quality of care. Our visits last a minimum of one hour, to ensure that our Care Assistants have the opportunity to build long lasting relationships.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Office Administrator to join our growing team to perform a variety of business administration activities to enable efficient and effective operations of our increasingly busy office. The role will suit someone who is able to work at pace and using their own initiative.
Office/business administration experience is essential and a background in a care environment would be advantageous.
Reporting to the Assistant Care Manager, key responsibilities will include:
- Completing various business administration activities, including data base management related to our care /archiving delivery systems.
- Ability to work to a deadline
- Diary, event and meeting management, including preparation, communication, taking minutes and co-ordinating follow up activities and actions
- Liaising, and developing relationships, with key internal staff, clients and external organisations and stakeholders
- Maintaining and developing appropriate staff and clients’ electronic files, supporting the move towards a paperless organisation.
- Producing correspondence, reports, presentations, and records as required by the management team
- Supporting the company’s ability to respond to emergencies and urgent issues
- Responding and dealing with clients and staff in a professional and supportive manner.
- General office management; ordering stationery, equipment, managing post, travel bookings, printing, photocopying, etc
- Developing ideas and ways of working for continuous business improvement
- Carrying out other specific projects as determined by the Registered Care Manager and/or Company Director
This list is not exhaustive, ad hoc duties maybe required to meet the needs of the business
As the successful candidate you will:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Firm but friendly, approachable and enthusiastic with a ‘Get up and Go’ approach
- Have demonstrable experience in a customer service and office-based environment
- Be highly proficient in Microsoft Office – word, excel, outlook, and PowerPoint applications
- Have meticulous attention to detail, with a high level of accuracy
- Be able to work on your own initiative with excellent planning, prioritisation, and organisation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be a team player, both flexible and adaptable to business requirements
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Opportunities for career progression
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Award winning training with On-going Learning and Development including Business Administration Diploma
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Staff benefits scheme including Well-being and Shopping
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you feel you the right candidate for this role - then we would love to hear from you!
Please click on 'I'm Interested' or alternatively, contact us on 01695 589 071
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.