BBC South Today feature Home Instead Chichester


BBC South Today featured Home Instead Chichester & Bognor Regis this week, discussing the £600m Infection Control Fund issued in May by the government to local authorities across the UK.

West Sussex County Council received £13.5m from central government, 75% of which is earmarked for use by care homes across the county with guidance regarding how the funds can be used. The remaining 25% (£3.5m) can be used as the council see fit to reduce transmission of Coronavirus in community settings, including home care settings (domiciliary care), but as of 7th July 2020, 7 weeks after receiving funds, the council has yet to communicate any decision regarding allocation of the grant to home care providers or consult with them about their ongoing needs in this area.

https://hisc-myfranchise-production.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/FilePickerUpload/5f046451ccd08/r_crop-1731-1125-362a0b2b0f0297d8303d1e613e351d25/1A211376-4138-4EA3-ACC5-D38944D0F832_1_201_a-1731x1125.jpegAlt