At Home Instead, our mission is to enrich your life and support you to remain at home for as long as you wish.
We work hand in hand with health professionals in the community, including Hospital discharge teams, GPs, District Nurses, Psychiatric Nurses, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists to ensure that we can avoid unnecessary hospital admissions, prevent falls, maintain nutrition and hydration, reducing the burden on already stretched NHS services. Where hospital admission is necessary, we continue visits in hospital where possible to ensure you recover quickly, maintain your nutrition and mobility, facilitating your return home and reducing the risk of readmission.
Our credibility with health professionals stems from the quality of training and support we provide to our CAREGivers.
- Dementia Care accredited through City & Guilds
- End of Life Care (Home Instead is the only care provider in West Sussex providing End of Life care training accredited through the Gold Standards Framework)
- Neurological conditions: including Stroke, Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, ALS, PSP, Huntingtons disease and Neuromuscular Diseases
- Psychiatric Disorders: including Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Chronic and Acute depression
- Cancer Care
- Frailty and falls prevention
Local solicitor, Emily Allchurch, describes Home Instead's approach with one of her former clients as “incredibly effective.”
“I was appointed court deputy to my elderly client Diana as she had no family. The local authority had placed her in a care home and diagnosed Dementia, but she was adamant she wanted to go back home. Home Instead supported her transition home. She had the opportunity to build trusted relationships with her caregivers who supported her to live out her final weeks and months in her own home, enjoying her last Christmas at home. Home Instead’s approach meant she died peacefully at home."