Become a member of our wonderful team
We provide bespoke care within our local community, tailored to the individual needs of each and every client and typically include companionship, home help, personal care, transportation to appointments, outings, and medication reminders. We liaise closely with local health professionals to ensure our services unite with theirs. All our visits are a minimum of one hour, this allows enough time for companionship, as well as any practical support that may be required during the visit. We specialise in home care for seniors, so we are able to help you make decisions with your family on how to ensure your loved ones are receiving the best care and support for their needs.
The role involves performing a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for clients whilst providing the highest quality of service to clients. You will act as the first point of contact for both face-to-face interactions for visitors to the office, as well as being part of the team answering calls from staff, clients, or their families to just list a few examples.
- Understand and build effective and efficient schedules around our clients and CAREGivers.
- Ensure schedules are prepared and fairly allocated to staff, considering travel time, holidays, training, and last-minute cancellations.
- Match CAREGivers to new clients in conjunction with client services team and arrange introductions.
- Ensure client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same CAREGiver and the same times each week, where possible.
- Develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers so both can enjoy positive experiences.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met.
- Work with the Care Team to ensure new and existing care packages can be resourced and scheduled on a timely basis.
- Add and maintain all client and CAREGiver information onto to the electronic scheduling system (People Planner).
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Carry out on call duties on a rota, averaging 1 evening a week, and 1 in 5 weekends being free to answer the phone in emergencies.
- Be willing to step in and provide care with dignity and respect for our clients when necessary.
- Ideally have experience working in a scheduling role within the care sector or other relevant environment that involved such a task
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Highly resilient and positive with excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively transfer information through different mediums and have the ability to listen and understand people’s needs.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Logical and analytical with the ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding and satisfactory and have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our clients' needs, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested' or alternatively, contact us on 01173742400.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighborhoods in which we work.
Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.