"It's not working, it's CARING" with Home Instead.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic and ‘can-do’ Care Coordinator / Scheduler to join our award-winning team. Because of our growing reputation, we are expanding throughout the Bath and West Wiltshire area and are looking for the right person with excellent administrative, IT and people skills to help drive our highly regarded care business forward. This role offers great career prospects and the chance to be part of a strong supportive, friendly team providing the very best companionship, home help and personal care services for our clients who wish to remain happily, safely and independently at home. All our visits with clients are for at least an hour, often more and our CAREGivers visit the same clients providing consistency and the opportunity to develop, meaningful, trusting and long term relationships. It will be your job to ensure all these visits are planned and organised and that our CAREGivers are coordinated to turn up on time, every time.
We’re very proud of our team and our well-earned reputation for providing exceptional, quality care and support. However, this can only happen if we continue to employ the right calibre office staff driving our operation as we continue to grow. Will you be our next rising star?
Purpose of this role:
The Care Coordinator / Scheduler is responsible for the allocation of CAREGiver’s working hours whilst ensuring our robust quality standards are met. You will need to have at least one years’ experience in the care sector as a Coordinator to join our team. You will be expected to:
- Organise all rotas and staffing requirements.
- Ensure all staff and clients are aware of working schedules.
- Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members.
- Undertake support or admin duties as required by Franchise Owner/Care Manager.
You will be expected to coordinate CAREGiver schedules and give general support to the office team in order to provide the highest quality service to our clients. You will need to be able to develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers, creating client schedules and records and supporting the Care Team by working with families, professionals and other CAREGivers to achieve the very best outcomes. You will ideally:
- Be able to hit the ground running.
- Have sound knowledge and understanding of the People Planner software system, allocating and coordinating all care visits to ensure continuity for both client and CAREGiver.
- Be adept in organising and communicating CAREGiver / client rotas.
- Be knowledgeable of local area.
- Engage positively with all employees being pivotal in maintaining their interest and availability and liaise relentlessly with all CAREGivers ensuring that they are always supported and enjoying their work experiences.
- Provide out of hours “on call” assistance on a rotational basis
- Work directly with the office management team to develop business and support the team.
- Support delivery of personal / care calls in times of needs which may include out of hours.
Key attributes & requirements
What will you need?
- You will need to have extremely good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to problem solve while working under pressure in a busy environment providing ‘superior’ customer service.
- You will have experience in delivering or managing /coordinating care delivery through People Planner, exceptional organisational skills, be a multi-tasker and communicative both written and verbally.
- High levels of computer literacy with strong Word and Excel skills.
- A confident, ‘can do’ attitude with a genuine enthusiasm for working in a busy, deadline-driven team environment.
- A professional telephone manner; a smiling personality and empathy for others.
- An outstanding eye for detail and a ‘right first time’ attitude.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines.
- The ability to make friends and influence people.
- To have pride in your work; the want to work ‘above and beyond’ and have high standards of commitment and achievement.
- You must have your own car, full driving licence with business insurance.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday 9 am till 5.30 pm with an hour for lunch.
What we offer Primarily, job fulfilment; a great place to work in a great team with great career opportunities making a huge difference to the lives of our clients!
Holidays: 25 days holiday and Bank Holidays
Benefits: Pension scheme, Company Discount Scheme, Employee Assistance Scheme, Training, development and career opportunities, Social Events
Salary: £20,500 - £21,500
(NB: included in this salary is £2,500 for out of hours phone support)
If you would like to forge your future with an exceptional care company that’s really going places then please apply now by pressing the 'I'm interested' button, or calling us on 01225 808273. Alternatively, you can apply by writing a covering letter explaining why you think you may be the right person for the job and attach your CV.
If you do not provide a covering letter, you will not be considered for an interview. Please note that interviews may take place prior to the advert closing as and when suitable applications are received. If a suitable candidate is appointed the role will close early therefore please do not hesitate to submit your application.
Finally, you must hold a full driver’s licence, have full use of a car and have easy access to our offices at SN13 0HN. This is a full-time, permanent post. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and references.