Marketing Assistant (Apprenticeship/Placement)
The Marketing Assistant is expected to perform a variety of duties in the smooth operation of Home Instead’s marketing activity and to support the business development of Home Instead Sheffield & Barnsley
Supporting the business’ needs, you will be at the heart of the company’s marketing activity. An important cog in the marketing wheel, you'll be expected to contribute creatively to the continued growth and development of the organisation.
This exciting and challenging role would be an ideal opportunity for a creative, outgoing and confident person to experience the full operational breadth of an organisation.
This is a full-time position and an excellent opportunity for progression within a well-established business.
If you want to fall in love with your work, then we would love to hear from you. Please contact us on 01142 469 666.
This job is full of variety and you will need to be able to turn your hand to a multitude of tasks. A marketing assistant's regular to do list includes:
- To assist in the preparation of marketing material, particularly regular Client & CAREGiver newsletters, by writing copy, ensuring accuracy by proofreading and editing.
- To be responsible for and manage all aspects of the preparation of marketing materials & literature
- To be responsible for developing and maintaining all mailing lists ensuring they are kept up to date.
- To assist with distribution of marketing material.
- Research, schedule and successfully execute regular community marketing events including health fairs, senior expos and any other events that would promote our service to the general public.
- Assist with the collation of information for promotional literature.
- Research opportunities for targeted advertising & manage the publication process.
- Updating and maintaining the marketing department's documentation and databases.
- Build a firm understanding of the local health community.
Digital Media and Website:
- To play an active role in updating and developing all digital media, helping to drive online traffic with web-related campaigns & social media, including the
- Management of Social media platforms
- Liaising with our national office and host.
- Regularly updating copy on the website using content management system.
- Obtaining website statistic reports.
- Online publicity – links to other sites, competitions, etc.
- Managing and developing email lists, writing and sending out monthly e-newsletters.
- Identifying key opportunities internally and externally.
- Working with other departments to create and implement web-based projects.
- Developing and maintaining all aspects of Home Instead’s social media applications, Uploading marketing material to online libraries, internet groups and social media sites.
- In conjunction with our PR agency, managing and developing relationships with local Press and Media, including broadcast opportunities.
- Write and distribute regional press releases and following up with target media.
- Maintain and build press contacts database, press cuttings file and general press correspondence records.
Liaise with other Home Instead offices to maximise local and regional PR opportunities.
- Motivated individual and driven by set goals and targets
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills
- Strong design and creative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Can work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to show initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to research and understand the markets requirements
The ability to multitask is a must