Online Fraud Prevention
Home Instead team Gives Online Fraud Prevention Workshop!
Last week, Felicity and Jamie from the office went to Graves Leisure Centre in Sheffield to spread the word of online safety. At this workshop, they spoke to many different people about ensuring the safety of the elderly online. Some top tips of the workshop were:
- Never give personal information out
- Be careful where you use your debit and credit cards
- Check emails for spelling mistakes
- Delete any suspicious emails
- If you have any questions or queries, ring the Citizens Advice Bureau on 0344 411 1444
Felicity and Jamie had a great time at the event! When asked about it, Jamie said "Its crucial that the elderly understand the risk that there is when being online. Whilst it helps combat isolation, there is always a danger of scams. I am really happy we came here today, we don't know how many people we may have stopped from being a victim of scamming!"
If you have any ideas for future news stories, please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected] Or you can ring the office on 0114 246 9666.
Alternatively, you can pop in and talk to us at 2A Sussex Road, Chapeltown, S35 2XQ