Money Saving Tips
In this installment, I will be providing you with some useful tips on how to save money. Budgeting is an important tool to use at any age and there are a few practical steps you can take to save a little extra. Whether you are looking to save on your food shopping or general shopping habits, these tricks may just help keep your pockets lined with extra cash.
1. Work out what you spend your money on. Make a list of everything you spend money on per month as this will help you determine where you can make some cuts.
2. Don’t impulse buy. Although something may seem lovely when you see it in the shop, ask yourself if you really need it and think carefully before making the purchase. A good trick is to sleep on it as it might seem less appealing in the morning.
3. Shop around. It is always worthwhile to compare prices and research the competition. You may find that it may be cheaper to go to a different supermarket, or buy your clothes from a different shop.
4. Beware of special offers. Never buy something you don’t need just because it’s on offer. Vouchers and special deals are designed to make you spend more, not less.
5. Drop change into a jar. If you have loose change in your wallet or purse, you're more likely to spend it or lose it in the depths of your car or couch cushions. Once you have a healthy stash, you can take your coins to the bank and deposit them- more savings!
6. Go generic. There's no need to spend extra money on over-the-counter medicine just because it’s a name brand. The same goes for that box of cereal or jar of jam. In fact, generic brands are often identical ingredient-wise to name-brand products—they just lack the fancy labelling!
It's possible to improve your finances by doing a few things that actually require very little effort. Saving your pennies, shopping smarter and thinking before you buy are just a few simple ways to save a bit of money every month.