Capturing Life’s Journey & Techniques to Handle Challenging Behaviours
Free Family Education Workshop: Day 2 of 3
Are you caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia? Are you looking for ways to enhance your time together? Would you like tips on how to draw out more details about their life stories? Would you like to help other CAREGivers understand more about your loved one’s life so they can provide customised care?
Are you struggling to handle some of your loved ones behaviours, such as refusing to eat or wash? Worried your loved one could cause harm to themselves or others? Would you like to discover techniques on how to handle these challenging behaviours on your own or in partnership with professional CAREGivers?
These workshops will help you:
- Discover how “Capture Life’s Journey can help you to provide care for your loved one
- Learn new ways to get your loved one to share memories
- Familiarise yourself with the Life Journal and how to record information about your loved one’s past.
- Find out how to use the Life Journal in partnership with professional CAREGivers.
- Learn about the challenging behaviours that could be displayed by those with Alzheimer’s or other dementias
- Find out ways to handle these behaviours
- Determine the techniques which work best to manage different types of behaviours.
This event has kindly been sponsored by Remember When Café Frecheville
Date: Friday 15th June 2018
Time: 12:00AM – 15:30PM
Location: Remember When Cafe, Frecheville Sports Ground and Social Club, Silkstone Road, Frecheville, Sheffield, S12 4RH
Call: 0114 246 9666 or
Email [email protected] for more details