Mental health illness affects one in four of us at some point in our lives and affects each of us differently. Here at Home Instead we understand it can be upsetting and stressful for the individual living with a mental health illness and their loved ones supporting them. But it does not have to stop you or your loved ones from living the lifestyle they want.
- Our person-centred approach means care and support is tailored to each individual’s needs, ensuring they get the most out of each visit. We match our CAREGivers to our clients through their training, personalities, hobbies, and interests. Our CAREGivers show care and compassion seeing beyond an individual’s diagnosis.
Ways we can support include:
· Supporting to meet an individual’s personal care needs
· Supporting with medication
· Supporting individuals to access leisure activities and accompanying them if required
· Home help
· Help with planning and organising appointments, household bills and mail
· Help to access health care services such as GPs and District nurses.
· Meeting food and nutritional needs, whether this be meal planning, food shopping or assisting meal preparation.