What is live-in care?
If you’re new to considering care options, you may not be aware of the idea of live-in care.
As the name suggests, live-in care is care provided in the comfort and familiar surroundings of your own home, by a CAREGiver who lives with you around the clock – or for a number of hours – and is directly on hand to support and look after you each day.
Live-in care allows you to remain as independent as possible, without the need for a move away from the comfort of your known home environment.
It’s a type of care that allows for full flexibility to create a care plan that suits the specific needs of your daily life; to cater not only for your care needs, but also your individual preferences for how you wish to receive care and live your life.
Live-in care offers an alternative to care provided in a residential care home setting.
What does live-in care look like?
As with all Home Instead care, your live-in care needs are tailored to your unique requirements to ensure you receive the best possible care.
We provide varying levels of live-in care; from essential day to day support and companionship to looking after more complex individual healthcare needs.
Examples of typical live-in care might include:
- Everyday home help – such as personal care, assistance with domestic tasks, and essential medical care
- Companionship and support – a friendly face to chat with, a CAREGiver who can become a trusted extension of your family
- Specialist, individual care for a particular health condition – for example, dementia care
Peace of mind without the need for a home move
Fundamentally, live-in care is about providing you and your family with complete confidence and reassurance to know that you are receiving high-quality care in the safety and security of your own home.
How do we guarantee this assurance?
Home Instead Dartford’s approach provides:
- Award-winning quality of care by professional CAREGivers, fully trained in care delivery and specialist care support
- Relationship-led care through a personally matched CAREGiver, helping to establish and encourage a positive and friendly one-to-one relationship
- A family-first focus from a business founded on first-hand experience, with locally accessible CAREGivers, living within your community
Talk to us about your live-in care needs
Contact us for more information about live-in care, or book a care consultation with our team to discuss your specific needs.