Musical Memories - Middleton House
Musical Memories - Middleton House 10th February 2020.
We were honoured to partner up with Sanctuary Retirement Living and host our first musical event at Middleton House in Cheltenham. Throughout 2020 we shall be hosting more musical sessions within the community and to our clients living in their own homes.
A few of the residents at Middleton House joined us in the community lounge to listen to some tunes! Music has such a positive and powerful impact on the brain, it is magical to see someone reconnecting with their past memories through music and singing.
Each musical session has been designed with 15 carefully selected songs, to be able to cater to everyone within the room. The lyrics are printed out and we have some jingle bells and drums to tap along to the rhythm.
How many of these songs do you recognise?
1. Song= Back In The Saddle again Artist= Gene Autry
2. Song= Beer Barrel Polka (Roll Out The Barrel) Artist= The Andrews Sisters
3. Song= Beyond The Sea Artist= Bobby Darin
4. Song= Can't Help Falling In Love Artist= Elvis Presley
5. Song= Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree Artist= Kay Kyser
6. Song= Dream A Little Dream Of Me Artist= Ella Fitzgerald
7. Song= Fly Me to the Moon Artist= Frank Sinatra
8. Song= Hit The Road Jack Artist= Ray Charles
9. Song= (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction Artist= The Rolling Stones
10. Song= I Walk The Line Artist= Johnny Cash
11. Song= Mack The Knife Artist= Bobby Darin
12. Song= Stand By Me Artist= Ben E. King
13. Song= That's Amore Artist= Dean Martin
14. Song= Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera) Artist= Doris Day
15. Song= Wouldn't It Be Nice Artist= The Beach Boys
We are looking forward to our next session at Middleton House in March, the date still to be confirmed. If you are interested in joining us for a relaxing hour with tea and cake please contact Olivia on 01242 513203 or email [email protected] for more information.