Continuing to keep people safe at home during COVID19
Home Instead - Continuing to keep people safe at home during COVID-19.
Our amazing team at Home Instead in Cheltenham and the Cotswolds is continuing to support older people and those with underlying health conditions to the full, helping them to stay safe and well and comfortable at home.
These are challenging times for everyone. The Government has made it clear that people should socially isolate and only leave home for food shopping, medication and work where these are deemed to be essential. Current evidence suggests that although COVID-19 can affect people of all ages it is those who are 60 and above and people with underlying medical conditions who are at increased risk.
We are continuing to take on new clients as normal and our well-organised team of professionals in the office is here to ensure our ‘Outstanding’ service continues throughout this period, as you would expect from us at Home Instead.
We are playing a key role in helping to protect vulnerable people in the community
Our staff are recognised as Key Workers and are trained to follow strict guidelines regarding the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Infection Control procedures. We are maintaining good levels of PPE and we are fully equipped to care for clients who are specifically identified as ‘shielding’ due to underlying medical conditions or those who develop COVID-19 symptoms at any point.
Feedback from our clients and their families shows the difference our services are making during these difficult times. Our CAREGivers are able to help by:
· Organising contact-free shopping, including accessing special shopping times dedicated to Key Workers
· Obtaining medication
· Providing freshly cooked food to ensure a balanced and healthy diet
· Ensuring households are kept clean and tidy, paying particular attention to wiping down regularly used surfaces, fittings and other items
· Maintaining regular laundry regimes, including towels and bedding
· Supporting all movement, handling and personal care needs, avoiding potential issues arising from poor hygiene
· Ensuring non-essential visits to clients’ homes are kept to an absolute minimum in line with Government guidelines for self-isolation - particularly important for the elderly and infirm
The health, safety and well-being of our clients and our staff are of paramount importance to us.
We are closely monitoring all Government and WHO guidance on a daily basis and adopting the latest recommended practices as necessary.
We are here to support you, your loved ones or anyone you know in the local community who needs our help. You can reach us on 01242 513203.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.