If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to succeed, call us now!.
• Competitive salary • Permanent position • Pension Scheme • Training and Development opportunities • Career Progression • Employee Assistance program • 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
Purpose of role
We are a growing local business in which the Care Manager will have a variety of roles to fulfil. However as the business grows, the responsibilities will be distributed amongst more specialist roles to appropriately support the business moving forward.
The role we are recruiting into currently requires the day to day management for delivering a quality service to our clients and effectively supporting our CAREGiver’s to do so, in compliance with the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety and adhering to all aspects of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 Regulations. Under current legislation, the Care Manager is held accountable to CQC in addition to their employer.
The key responsibility for the care manager is to manage the client’s needs and our Care Giving Team to ensure that client’s needs are met in accordance with the agreed care plan and to ensure that CAREGiver’s are fully trained and managed in accordance with The Social Care Act 2008 and The Essential Standards of Quality and Safety. Outlined below are some of the responsibilities within these areas:
Management and Support of our Care Giving Team
· Manage, plan and organise the deliverables of the Team Leaders on a weekly and monthly basis, including the completion and auditing of regulatory documents for client and CAREGiver support.
· Manage and continuously develop the Care Giving Team to deliver the best care possible in line with company policy, regulations and legislation.
· Support the recruitment and training of CAREGiver’s as required by the wider office team
· Actively participate in retention activities and community events as required by the wider team, always modelling company values.
· Identify where there is room for improvement in skills, meeting of company values and knowledge with each CAREGiver and supporting each individual on their journey through the effective use of development tools.
· Work with each CAREGiver to identify their personal goals that align to business development and providing support in achieving them.
· Manage processes and procedures linked to CAREGiver employment, including grievances and disciplinaries.
· Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to by all employees.
· Complete consultations with prospective clients adhering to company policy.
· Identify suitable CAREGiver’s to meet client’s needs, and implement a comprehensive introduction to the client prior to the service starting.
· Implement quality assurance in accordance with company policies, regulations and legislation.
· Ensure health and safety audits are completed in the office and clients homes, completing risk assessments where needed.
· Ensure all customers are treated with the utmost dignity and respect.
· Liaise with other professionals with regard to referrals and the on-going care of current and potential clients.
· Responsible for keeping up to date with changes in legislation and regulations
· Responsible for proactively identifying own development areas in line with business objectives and the duties of your role, taking action within a reasonable timeframe.
· Completing appraisal documentation
· Notifying incidents to relevant regulatory bodies
· Accurate recordkeeping and filing for employee, client records and recording of evidence in compliance with The Health and Social Care Act and The Essential Standards of Quality and Safety
· Ensure that confidentiality and data protection is adhered to in line with legislation, regulation and policies.
· Plan effectively to support and contribute to the growth and development of the business
· Actively raise the profile of HISC in a professional manner.
· Ensure reporting systems are used and updated in real time to measure quality and performance within the General Social Care Councils Code of Conduct for Social Care Workers.
· Ensure reporting is delivered in a timely manner to Directors and relevant third parties on instruction of the Directors.
· Ensure the management system is kept fully up to date.
Care Managers are expected to carry out any other duties that are within the scope, spirit and purpose of this job.
· Extensive experience of managing a matrix team
· Extensive experience in supporting a breath clients’ needs and complex client requirements in the community
· Ambition to develop to senior management level
· Quick learner
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office and databases
· Extensive experience in conducting health and Safety, and risk assessments
· Extensive experience in completing regulatory documents in the Health and Social Care Industry
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong team working and collaboration skills
· Self-motivated with initiative and drive
· Experience of analysis, problem solving and decision making on a daily basis
· A proactive individual with strong planning and organisational skills
· Have a UK driving licence and own car
· Values customers, has high integrity and is empathetic
· Ability to manage own and others stress positively
· Manages own time effectively
· Has the impetus to go the extra mile to develop career and business
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
As a CAREGiver, you will receive industry leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support.
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding and satisfactory and have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our clients' needs, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested'.