Apprentice Business Administrator
The Apprentice Business Administrator will be expected to perform a number of clerical and administrative duties. They will be working in a fast-paced environment at the only ‘Outstanding’ rated Home Care provider in York. Working as part of a team of 12 office staff they will help support the team of 80+ CAREGivers and 100+ Elderly clients.
Supported by York College this is a chance to work for a highly rated home care provider in the ever-growing social care sector. Potential future prospects could be a role in HR or finance or becoming a Care Manager, responsible for the overall quality of care provided.
For the right candidate It is our intention to keep the apprentice for a full time permanent role, after the completion of the apprenticeship.
- Providing General administrative support to whole office, including preparation of marketing material for clients, responding to inquiries and request for information.
- Offering financial administrative support, for client invoicing and CAREGiver payroll.
- Provide administrative support with hiring process of new CAREGivers including processing background checks and chasing references and supporting the training process
- Help with preparation of content for monthly newsletters and daily social media content
- To input information on a computerised system and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records in IT systems, Access and IQ
- To assist in maintaining digital filing systems, including the accurate archiving, collating and appropriate destruction of files
- Undertaking reception duties and to receive visitors, ensuring they are dealt with promptly and courteously using a professional manner
- To provide a diary service for other members of staff, arranging appointments, such as CAREGiver Interviews and Client Quality Assurance Visits.
- Supporting meetings by arranging and preparing venues, organising the documentation, and taking accurate minutes during the meetings
- Distribute outgoing and incoming mail
Desired skills include the ability to multitask, like working in a busy environment, knowledge of Microsoft systems Word and Excel would be preferable and good communication skills.
Personal qualities include punctual, organised and professional.
Desired qualifications: GCSE grade C/4 in maths and English or Functional skills at Level 2.
To apply go to www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-531407 or click on 'I'm Interested' or alternatively contact us on 01904 221235 for an informal chat.