Apprentice Care Quality Co-ordinator
Flexible benefits package, funded training, access to company holiday home
Home Instead York is a local business providing care and support at home to enable older people to have the best possible quality of life. We are part of a global franchise network which is the largest home care provider in the world.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a college leaver completing a heath & social care course who wants to build a career in social care to join our team as an apprentice care quality co-ordinator.
This role is partly office based and partly based in the field visiting clients in their own homes. This role will give the successful candidate rounded experience and an excellent start to a career in social care. Key elements of the role and learning and development will include:
- Providing care to older people in their own homes
- Assessing the care needs of individuals
- Writing and reviewing care plans
- Auditing care logs
- Supporting other team members with reviews
- Working on staff rotas
- Making and receiving phone calls to ensure the wellbeing of clients and care professionals
- Interviewing and training
The successful candidate will be supported to complete a level 3 or level 4 qualification in health and social care.
Prior experience in social care or of working with older people is valued, but is not essential to apply for this role.
The successful candidate will have:
- Passion for delivering the highest quality care to our clients and helping them to live independently and happily in their own homes.
- Good communication skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Confidence to learn to use care management software.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to be a driver.
The salary for this role is £19,000 per annum plus a flexible benefits package equivalent to 3% of salary and a range of other benefits including access to the company holiday home on a 5* park in Northumberland.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.