Quality comes first
Care Quality Co-ordinator
Employee assistance programme, access to company holiday home, healthcare cover
Home Instead is an award winning home care company providing support, companionship and quality care to help people live independently in their own home. All our calls are an hour or longer and for us, it's about personalised care with the clients needs at the centre of everything we do.
We are a family run business looking to lead the way in providing high standards of care and support that enable older people to continue living in their own homes. We apply "the mum test" to everything we do in order to provide a service we can be proud of.
To join our team you need to be equally enthusiastic about providing the highest standards of care and about giving clients the choice to live in their own homes with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Looking for a career in care where quality comes first?
If you are passionate about providing the best possible care to older people, enabling them to remain living in their own homes, Home Instead is the organisation for you.
As a Care Quality Co-ordinator you will be supporting the Head of Care in delivering quality care by building strong relationships with clients, their families and supporting Care Professionals to ensure they are able to deliver outstanding care for clients.
You will work 4 week days and 1 weekend in 4 (as part of an on call rota)
In a typical week you would be:
- completing quality assurance visits to clients and their families
- introducing new Care Professionals to their clients
- fielding enquiries from prospective clients and completing care consultations for new clients starting their service with Home Instead
- conducting support visits with Care Pros to quality check the care they are giving and action any training or development needs
- assisting the Head of Care to create, update and audit client care plans
- Ensure clear risk assessments are completed for clients and Care Professionals
- using our care management software to audit daily care logs and medication records
- participating in an out of hours on call rota - 1 evening per week and 1 weekend in 4
- completing the first care visit for new clients to ensure care plans meet the clients' needs
The ideal candidate will have:
- a level 3 qualification in Health & Social Care or be willing to work towards it
- experience in the care sector delivering a wide range of personal care services
- experience of working with MAR sheets and medication
- passion for delivering the highest quality care that passes "the mum test"
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or willing to work towards it
- Experience in the care sector delivering a wide range of personal care services
- Experience of working with MAR sheets and medication
- Good communication skills with the ability to build rapport quickly
- Must be confident to use care management technology including providing support and training to Care Professionals.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office and virtual communication platforms with the aptitude to learn and adopt new technologies and software where appropriate.
- Must have full driving licence and means of transport if required within the territory to visit clients.
- Be organised and flexible to meet the needs of the business.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us deliver the best care possible, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.