To us, it's personal
Community Engagement Co-ordinator
Company holiday home, cycle to work scheme
Home Instead York was launched in 2009. We provide a service that gives older people and their families the choice to stay at home, living as independently as possible. We are a family owned business providing the standard of care and support to older people that you would want for your own family. We're part of a franchise network so there's plenty of support for the team at Home Instead York.
The main purpose of this role is to develop and implement community and marketing initiatives aligned to Home Instead’s mission and values to strengthen the brand, recruit the best CAREGivers and grow our market share.
In practice this will involve:
- Developing relationships in the local community maintaining a pipeline of opportunities by growing and leveraging your network.
- Planning, establishing and hosting community events in key locations in York and surrounding areas to build awareness of Home Instead, the services we provide and the employment opportunities we offer.
- Representing Home Instead at fairs, exhibitions, recruitment events and any other events that would promote our services to the public.
- Delivering presentations on a range of topics including dementia awareness, scam awareness, job opportunities at Home Instead.
- Deliver promotional activities both face to face and virtually to increase awareness of Home Instead’s client services and employment opportunities in the local community.
- Coordinate with Marketing to raise awareness of all of the above activities across social media platforms.
- Ensure digital content is engaging and kept up to date.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Home Instead brand and raise awareness of Home Instead National Office marketing campaigns and recruitment initiatives across the network of relationships that have been built in the local community.
- Accurately track and record enquiries and use the information to manage and adjust strategy to optimise messaging and education in the community.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Proven track record in successfully building strong relationships both face to face and virtually within a local community to achieve business objectives using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Confident to network face to face, by phone, email, video call with community stakeholders and potential RPNs.
- Confident to deliver talks on key ageing subjects such as Dementia, Fraud Prevention, Nutrition & Hydration etc.
- Networking face to face, by phone, email, video call with community stakeholders and potential RPNs.
- Good understanding of marketing principles with experience of using a range of marketing and communication approaches.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office and virtual communication platforms, with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Effective interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver effective and engaging presentations or workshops to a broad-based audience.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, use initiative and be resilient.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business.
- Competent in using a CRM database to manage touchpoints with RPNs.
This is a part-time role working 9.30am to 2.30pm, 5 days per week (25 hours). The nature of the role means that flexibility will be required to work weekends occasionally in order to attend or host events as part of the role.
Salary £14,375 per annum (£23,000 pro rata)
The nature of the role means that flexibility will be required to work weekends occasionally in order to attend or host events as part of the role.
Home Instead are committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply.