Fantastic news... Home Instead Wimbledon and Kingston are through to the finals of the Merton Best Business Awards in the Extra Mile category.
Featuring heavily in our nomination was how important it is for Home Instead to be part of the local community, playing our part, building relationships with local organisations, charities and groups.
Compiling our list was rather impressive:-
- We shake a tin for the Alzheimer's Society each year.
- Sponsored the unpaid carers category at the Merton Civic Awards.
- Held a hamper appeal and gave 30 hampers to less fortunate folk in the community to enjoy a bit of Christmas cheer.
- Held an Information event for the public to know more about what support is available in the local community.
- Pour tea each month at a local church group.
-Held a Time For You event with Carers Support Merton to give unpaid carers time off.
- Walked 14 miles for The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity.
- Support the Wimbledon Cancer Friendship Group.
- Sold poppies for the British Legion.
- Manned a stall at the MacMillan Merton Christmas Fair.
- Ran the London Marathon for the local hospice and raised £5000!
We are definitely going the extra mile....