Come and Join the Family
Deputy Care Manager
Our office was established in 2018 and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business.
Home Instead Senior Care Tavistock are looking for a motivated individual to join our management team as a Deputy Care Manager. This will be a fantastic opportunity for a person with a genuinely caring nature to join an established team making a positive difference in the lives of others and their local community. This will be a demanding yet rewarding role for someone looking for professional development.
As an established office of the successful Home Instead Senior Care franchise we supply person centred and bespoke care services to our clients across the Tavistock and Tamar Valley area. We strive to deliver the highest standards of support and change peoples lives for the better.
As a Deputy Care Manager you will be commercially aware and be proud to represent us and be an ambassador for our high quality services we provide and you will strongly want to be part of our organisation. You will also be responsible for our newly launched live-in care service.
The office is based in Tavistock, and your role will involve a mixture of office based commercial and administration work, care co-ordination and field work which can mean travelling across the territory therefore being a car driver is essential. Primarily you will be based in the office however due to the nature of the care setting environment you will need to be flexible in your approach to working patterns.
We will require the suitable candidate to hold a minimum NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care and have at least 3 years experience in the care sector.
Your job will entail:
- General office administration and supporting daily business needs
- Liaising with clients, caregivers, families and other professionals
- Partaking in care consultation, service reviews and completing client support plans
- Staff supervisions and Client QA’s
- Building a team of Live in Caregivers. This will involve advertising, interviewing and hiring suitable Live in Caregivers
- Networking in the community and with other care professionals to raise awareness of our Live in Care Service
· Create, update and audit client care plans
· Build and maintain positive relationships with potential and existing clients, their families and other professionals involved in their care
· Carry out client reviews and action accordingly
· Support, mentor and supervise care givers
· Attend meetings as instructed by your line manager
· Provide support to the care team
· Maintain regular contact with clients and caregivers
· Any other duties as directed by your line manager
· Participate in on-call duties as required.
- Car Driver and have access to own vehicle
- Previous experience in a care setting or managerial based role
· Exceptional record keeping
· Organised with good literacy skills
· Good IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 3+ years experience in a care environment
- Experience of Moving and Handling techniques
- Experience of dealing with elderly clients with complex needs
- Experience of Dementia Care preferred
- Experience with scheduling (preferred) and excellent PC skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi task and work independently
- Available to do on call as required
- Minimum NVQ Health and Social Care Level 3
· Complex elderly care experience (to include stand aids, hoists, catheter care)
· Experience creating and managing rotas
· Must have full clean driving licence and own car.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.