To us it's personal
Quality Assurance Manager
Our office, based in Tavistock is a family run, OUTSTANDING CQC rated company. We are dedicated to treating others how we would treat our own family members. We are looking for individuals to join our ever-growing team.
Home Instead are the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people across Tavistock & Tamar Valley. We have an excellent reputation, and we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide.
Our aim is for you to feel respected and supported with everything you need to be a successful care professional within our team.
To ensure that our clients and CAREGivers receive the appropriate support and a high-quality service.
Client enquiries, onboarding and relationship management
- Record client service enquiries in accordance with office protocols, the new client checklist and Zoho CRM. Follow up and call back as necessary.
- Conduct care consultations, complete risk assessments and care plans.
- Create and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records for digital care planning on Home Instead software, People Planner and ACP.
- Support with arranging access to ACP app for families and friends.
- Conduct next day courtesy calls for new clients.
- Conduct Service Reviews and Quality Assurance visits and action accordingly.
- Monitor logging in and out and daily medication alerts on ACP.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with potential and existing clients, their families and other professionals involved in their care.
- Support with Healthcare at Home and Home Aware.
- Support with activities for terminating clients, including funeral arrangements and sympathy cards.
- Conduct client and CAREGiver introductions.
- Carry out observational competency monitoring, supervisions and support visits with CAREGivers.
- Support, mentor and supervise CAREGivers.
- Support with conducting self-audits and implement action plans with clients and CAREGivers.
- Focus on the northern part of the franchise territory.
General duties supporting the business
- Answer the phone with a smile.
- Support the office team routine meetings and CAREGiver communications.
- Maintain a positive team ethos between Client Experience and CAREGiver Experience teams.
- Support with compliance with Regulatory and Home Instead Standards.
- Support with the complaint handling process.
- Support with business continuity.
- Comply with Home Instead brand guidelines.
- Keep up to date with weekly updates from National Office.
- Participate in on-call duties as required including supporting with on-call handover.
- Comply with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Be prepared to work from home if necessary and when agreed with your line manager.
- Conduct regular Covid-19 and other infection control testing as directed.
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Experience in the care sector delivering a wide range of personal care services.
- Experience of working with MAR sheets and medication in a supervisory role.
- Passion for delivering the highest quality care to our clients and helping them to live independently and happily in their own homes.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations specific to Health and Social Care.
- Good communication skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Must be confident to use care management technology including providing support and training to CAREGivers.
- Must understand the importance of confidentiality working within current legislation.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite and virtual communication platforms with the aptitude to learn and adopt new technologies and software where appropriate.
- Must have full driving license and means of transport if required within the territory to visit clients.
- Be organised and flexible to meet the needs of the business.
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in accordance with UK government guidelines and statutory requirements.
We can offer you:
- Excellent pay rate
- Consistent employee recognition and appreciation with our “Above & Beyond” awards
- Career progression opportunities
- Employee referral bonus programme
- Employee social events
- Supportive work environment that centres on your wellbeing
- Wellness program, including free counselling and legal advice and discounted health and dental cash plans for yourself and your family.
- Exclusive discounts at high street stores, supermarkets, utility providers and much more
- Part of the Home Instead family including 224 franchise offices in the U.K and over 1000 worldwide
We are a Top 20 Home Care Provider 2020 and 2021 for the South-West, Dementia Friends Champions, Armed Forces Covenant Bronze Award Holders
Regular COVID testing, (PCR and Lateral Flow Tests). Access to early COVID booster.
Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to a Criminal Records check at the appropriate level.