Care Quality Manager
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, experienced, professional, caring and energetic Quality Manager to join Home Instead in Stockport: a dynamic, ambitious and growing company. Already enjoying a reputation second to none for delivering high quality personalised care, we are looking for a Quality Manager who has the same core values, ethos and passion for delivering care as we do. Someone who wants to help us build a successful Home Care service upon the solid foundations already in place. Delivering a very different service: all calls 1-hour minimum, high consistency of matched and trained caregivers for all clients, arriving on time and staying the full length of the call, puts Home Instead in a unique position in the marketplace.
The Quality Manager is to manage the Client Service and Field Care Teams and deliver outstanding quality of service to our Clients. From the first moment of contact to the point the Client leaves us, the Quality Manager will ensure that the Client receives outstanding support at the right time, continually meeting their needs and that the Client Journey is seamless.
- Understanding the KLOE’s and how the Client Care Department’s daily tasks can be evidenced to meet the “Outstanding” characteristics.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Clients and their Caregivers through, Quality Assurance Visits (QA), Service Reviews, phone calls and meetings.
- To oversee the Client Care Department and report on KPI’s and targets
- To monitor and manage the Client Journey through planning and delivering a robust QA and Service Review process, ensuring that QA visits and Service Reviews are conducted in a timely and responsive manner. To ensure that care plans are written and updated with clear outcomes; the Caregivers being updated to the changes and confirmation is received that outcomes are being met or exceeded. To keep Care Manager updated at all times and record achievements and successes.
- To ensure that our service is Safe, Caring, Effective and that we are Responsive and Well led to meet the continually changing needs of our clients and the overall business.
- To monitor and understand concerns and compliments raised through daily tasks, touch points and communications with both Caregivers, Clients and their families.
- To maintain accurate Client and Caregiver records on Electronic System ensuring all follow-ups are arranged responsively.
- To manage the auditing of all Client Activity Logs (CAL’s) and Medication Sheets (MAR’s). To check and confirm care is being delivered that meets or exceeds the Client requirements and any compliance or training needs highlighted are acted upon, passed on to relevant person
- Take effective Client enquiries, arranging and completing care consultations and developing person centered care packages, meeting or exceeding the targets for Consultation and Conversion.
- Be responsible for all follow ups including all signed paperwork, effective care planning, CAREGiver match, briefing and service cover, introductions and Client/Family communication.
- Liaising with the Care Manager to ensure all franchise standards are met, e.g. introductions, QA’s and Reviews of Service. To ensure that we continually exceed all CQC compliance requirements.
- Participate positively in Daily Huddles and monthly team meetings.
- Participate in monthly Management meetings, reporting to Directors and Senior Management Team on KPI’s and targets of the Client Care department forming part of the Middle Management structure.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times for all Home Instead Information, including Client, Caregiver & office data.
· Participate in out of hours “on call” on a rota basis.
- Attend Meetings/Road shows & other networking events as and when required.
- Answer each incoming call in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner, log information on system, pass on relevant messages and ensure all tasks are completed.
- General Office duties as required including administrative support and care if required.
- To provide care to clients when necessary
- To understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field.
- Distribute leaflets and promote HISC as and when appropriate
Key Skills required
To have the passion and drive to enhance people’s lives through knowledge of CQC standards, characteristics and to continually evidence our outstanding work.
Be able to organise and prioritize a busy workload focusing on critical tasks.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook. Be fully au fait with technology.
Be willing to push boundaries to provide the highest possible level of Client Care in Stockport & Tameside.
Strong Communication & Interpersonal skills. Good written and verbal communication
The ability to take the initiative and be adaptable in different situations, environments and different people
Previously worked for a minimum “Good” rated Homecare provider
Completed NVQ Level 3 and willingness to complete level 5.
Self-motivated, confident and driven to succeed. Excellent time management skills
Attention to detail and good organisational skills. The ability to multitask is a must.
Motivated individual and driven by set goals and targets.
Car driver and use of vehicle for work purposes.
Salary From £24,000.00 p.a Hours Fulltime, 37½ hours per week. Flexible to cover occasional evening & weekend service and working an occasional Saturday with time off in the week.
Pension Auto Enrolment in People’s Pension
Expenses All reasonable out of pocket expenses and mileage at 45p per mile