This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook. It will make 4 servings.
Suitable for: Vegetarian, Diabetic.
Allergen information: Contains milk. To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free stock cubes in place of vegetable stock.
- 1 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 250g frozen peas
- Small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 200ml whole milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To make the Pea and Mint Soup
- Put the chopped onions into a large panwith the potato. Add vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Add the peas to the soup mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir the chopped mint into the soup, cool slightly then pour into a food processor (or use a hand blender) and whizz until smooth.
- Return to the pan, add the milk and bring back to a simmer. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with warm crusty bread if you wish
- Quick and easy to prepare from readily available frozen and store cupboard ingredients. Can be made in large batches and frozen in individual portions.
- Soup is a great way to increase fluid intake and is easy to swallow.
- This soup can also be served chilled in the summer.
Nutrition: per serving
Kcal - 111; Fat - 2.8g; Saturates - 2g; Carbs - 17.4g; Sugars - 7.7g; Fibre - 4.5g; Protein - 6.6g; Salt - 1.5g