This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare, and 10 minutes to cook. It will make 2 servings.
Suitable for: Vegetarian, Diabetic.
Allergen information: Oats (may contain gluten), milk.
For the Porridge
- 100g porridge oats
- 600ml full fat milk
For the Warm Berry Compote
- 200g frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp water
To make the Creamy Porridge
1. Put the porridge oats in a saucepan then pour in the milk and stir.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally – taking care that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan, or boil over.
3. When it is cooked and a creamy texture, serve in a bowl topped with the warm berry compote.
To make the Warm Berry Compote
1. Place the frozen mixed berries, caster sugar and water in a saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
3. Simmer gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the berries are soft. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- To make this extra creamy, stir a tablespoon of double cream or full fat Greek yogurt through the porridge before serving.
- This is delicious served with a spoonful of honey or maple syrup.
- It can also be made in the microwave – mix all the ingredients together in a large microwave proof bowl, then microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir halfway through and leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- The berry compote is also delicious served as a topping for ice-cream or pancakes.
Nutrition: per serving
Kcal - 476; Fat - 14.9g; Saturates - 7.5g; Carbs - 71g; Sugars - 35.75g; Fibre - 6.4g; Protein - 16.6g; Salt - 0.32g